Sports Betting in Colorado
Is sports betting legal in Colorado?
Yes. On November 7th, 2019, Colorado approved Proposition DD, marking Colorado as a full-service sports betting state.
Is Online Sports Betting legal in Colorado (like gambling on apps and websites)?
Yes. The Colorado sports betting bill legalizes online sports betting. As a result, SportsBetting.com decided to launch its online sports betting offering in this state and present a product based on transparency, with the aim of becoming a reference point for sports betting fans in Colorado.
On May 1, 2020, Colorado online and mobile sports betting went live in all of the state’s cities, including Denver.
The launch proved very successful, as residents and visitors alike wagered over $25.6 million on competitive events in the first month of the launch alone.
The most popular sports among bettors during the launch included NBA, football, table tennis, mixed martial arts, baseball, soccer, and golf.
Nothing could stop casual and professional Colorado bettors from wagering on their favorite sport— not even the coronavirus pandemic.
Why should I bet on a legal website?
Colorado casino operators have applied for a physical or online sportsbook license. It means that these operators are required to pay a 10% tax on net proceeds. The majority of the tax funds will be allocated to multiple projects, including the Colorado Water Plan.
The 10% tax revenue is higher than Nevada’s 6.75% sports betting tax. However, 10% is lower than the sports betting taxes required in other states, such as Pennsylvania (36%).
With its minimal 10% tax condition, Colorado encourages bettors to go for legal sports betting sites, like SportsBetting.com, instead of illegal offshore sites.
Now residents and visitors of Colorado can bet on any sport of their choice, as long as they stick to the state’s sports betting guidelines.
They can try out their luck in brick-and-mortar casinos or bet through their mobile devices.
Can I bet using an app?
Since the casinos were closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the bets were collected through Colorado sports betting websites and apps, a product that SportsBetting.com is working on in order to offer its customers one of the most competitive online gaming apps on the market.
The great news is that we, at SportsBetting.com, are launching our app this year and this is already available on the Apple Store. You can download it now here and bet through your mobile phones anytime, anywhere.
SportsBetting.com is here to answer your FAQs and give you the latest Colorado sports betting updates!
CREATING AN ONLINE ACCOUNT WITH SPORTSBETTING.COM
Experience a no-fuss registration when you open an account with SportsBetting.com.
While other sportsbooks still require you to download apps to your iOS, Android, and PC devices, SportsBetting.com’s website is easily accessible through web browsers. You can register in less than 2 minutes here:
At SportsBetting.com, your online safety is our priority. Our website is hosted in certified data centers with world-class data security.
As extra measure, we’ve also secured government licenses and we adhere to the strictest of regulations.
When accessing other sports betting websites, it’s important to check if they’ve been authorized by the Colorado Division of Gaming.
Depositing to Your Account
To place a bet, bettors should first make a deposit into their SportsBetting.com accounts. What’s great about signing up with us is that we have an exciting welcome bonus: Make your first deposit and receive a 100% match up to $150 in Free Bet Credits.
Here are different ways to deposit into your account:
- Debit and credit cards (Visa and MasterCard are the most commonly accepted cards)
- Bank transfers (e.g., e-checks, Bill Pay, and wire transfers for larger amounts of money)
- E-wallets (e.g., PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill)
Some banks don’t allow deposits into Colorado sports gambling sites and merchants via their credit cards. These banks can also charge hefty amounts, so don’t forget to check your card’s terms and conditions.
Withdrawing Your Winnings
At SportsBetting.com, we take security seriously. While we would love for you to enjoy your winnings stat, we have to make sure of your identity first!
Winners who would like to cash in their winnings have to go through strict identification and age verification processes first.
These processes make sure that bettors are protected from any form of theft.
The withdrawal methods of SportsBetting.com and other operators are similar to their deposit methods, except for some services, like PayNearMe.
Some operators will only allow withdrawals through a specific method if you also used that service to deposit to your account. These services include PayPal and Skrill.
The most popular method is through the issuance of paper or electronic checks. An e-check is one of the fastest withdrawal methods.
Paper checks are sent to the mailing address you provide. This is a go-to method that may be slower but is more reliable.
Because of real-time technology and data access, SportsBetting.com allows you to cash out your bets even before the results are out.
COLORADO SPORTS BETTING 101: HOW TO BET
Sports betting in Colorado is easy with SportsBetting.com. Just remember the following:
- No need to step inside a casino! As long as you’re in Colorado, you can create an account, deposit funds to it, and place your wagers through legal online sportsbooks, like SportsBetting.com.
- Bettors must be over 21 years old to wager in actual and online casinos (Sports betting, both in person and online).
- With Proposition DD’s passage, casino game bets are limited to $100 maximum. For sports betting, casinos have the discretion to set their own limits.
- If you’ve opened your SportsBetting.com account in another state, you won’t be able to use it in Colorado! You have to reopen a new account with us to place your bets in the centennial state. This applies to all online operators.
- Likewise, online sports betting accounts in Colorado cannot be used outside the state. SportsBetting.com uses state-of-the-art geolocation technology to ensure that only sports bettors within the state borders can place a wager.
- Colorado sports betting laws let bettors place their wagers on almost all sporting events except for high school sports. But prop bets on college sports and unsanctioned e-sports wagers are a no-no.
- Bettors from the United States can place their wagers on games from the National Football League (NFL), National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Baseball (MBL), and the National Basketball Association (NBA). To check out the exciting sports we have in store for you, just go to the SportsBetting.com website!
- Denver, Colorado, is among the cities that offer an extensive list of sports, that casual and professional bettors can wager on.
- The Colorado Division of Gaming is responsible for all matters concerning Colorado casinos and sports betting. The department of revenue, in particular, regulates sports betting.
- Only Colorado casinos licensed to conduct limited gaming can register for a master license to offer sports betting. These are the casinos in the cities of Black Hawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek.
- The state also has tribal casinos in its Southwestern area.
- Under the law, licensed casinos can allow sports betting through the internet or mobile apps.
- There are three types of sports betting license categories: a master license, a sports betting operator license, and an internet sports betting operator license.
- A master license allows casino operators to conduct retail and mobile betting. It also authorizes operators to partner with two strategic operators at most.
- Unlike in New Jersey, Colorado sportsbooks do not allow legal online poker or casino games.
- Colorado odds are not much different from Las Vegas odds. However, operators can reduce bet prices on games that appeal particularly to the Colorado sports betting market.
Colorado Teams You Can Bet on
Here is a list of some professional Colorado teams you can bet on via sports wagering sites, like SportsBetting.com:
For college sports, you can bet on the following Colorado teams:
- Air Force (Mountain West)
- Colorado (Pac-12)
- Colorado State (Mountain West)
- Denver (Summit)
- Northern Colorado (Big Sky)
TYPES OF BETS
SportsBetting.com allows you to place different bets, depending on what suits you best. Here are some betting types for you to consider:
- Single-game bets – any wager on the result of a single game or event
- Parlays – a combination of multiple individual bets
- Teasers – a type of parlay bet which is easier to win but has a smaller payout
- Over/under bets – the sportsbook predicts statistics for a sport and bettors wager on whether the game’s outcome will be higher or lower than the number.
- Spreads / handicap bet – bets in which the options of the teams or players that play the game are matched, adding or subtracting certain points from each of them. This way, the result of the game will be determined by the final scorer of the game after applying the handicap assigned to each participant.
- Moneyline – placing a bet on a particular team to win
- In-game bets – betting on a game as it happens
- Prop bets – bets on events that do not affect a game’s final outcome
Mobile sports betting is gaining popularity fast and SportsBetting.com is committed to an intuitive and easy-to-use product from any mobile device.
In New Jersey (Colorado), the most popular way to place your bets is not via racetracks or casinos. Currently, mobile phone betting accounts for 80% of the wagers.
Like other sports betting sites, the SportsBetting.com app is downloadable via iOS. It will be available for Android devices very soon, and we aim to make it the go-to-app for all fans of online sports betting.
This is some of the most interesting content you can find on Sportsbetting.com:
- List of sports being offered
- Sportsbook featured bets
- Account management features
- Account preferences
Residents and visitors of Colorado should get ready for some of the best Colorado sports betting apps that are already available or scheduled to launch in the state:
- Barstool Sportsbook
- Betfred (partnership with Saratoga Casino)
- BetMonarch (Monarch Casino app)
- Circa Sports Colorado
- Digital Gaming Corporation
- DraftKings Sportsbook (with retail sportsbook at Golden Mardi Gras Casino)
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- FOX Bet
- Sky Ute Sportsbook
- TheScore Bet
- SuperBook (retail location in the Lodge Casino)
- William Hill Sports Book
- WSI US
With the launch of these mobile apps and the changes in the maximum sports betting wager size, casinos and sports betting clients should expect a more exciting and competitive sports betting landscape.
These exciting changes will affect Colorado’s economy positively.
Now, more Colorado sports betting jobs are available, thanks to the legalization of sports betting in the centennial state.
HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OFFERS AND PROMOS
As long as they come from accredited sports betting sites, like SportsBetting.com, the offers are real. Just make sure you read the fine print as these offers have terms and conditions.
Other sports betting websites offer free bets and deposit match bonuses, given that you deposit a minimum amount. SportsBetting.com offers its clients a great Welcome Bonus: Make your first deposit and receive a 100% match up to $150 in Free Bet Credits.
At SportsBetting.com, we’ve got bonuses and promos for all the most important sports and events to make wagering with us more exciting!
For our most loyal customers, we have exclusive programs and promotions. Don’t ignore the points you get from our programs, as they’re as good as real cash!
VIPs who take advantage of our loyalty schemes can enjoy more promos and discounts.
SportsBetting.com is committed to making our customers’ experience as thrilling as possible. That’s why we’ve got daily and weekly promos lined up for sports fans and bettors alike.
With these promos, free bets and real money are at stake.
Watch out for our special offers during the biggest sporting events, be it the play-offs, finals, or all-star games.
You’ll also find boosted odds, special bets on key players and up-and-coming teams, and other promotions to make your SportsBetting.com experience as gripping and fun as can be!
BACKGROUND ON COLORADO BETTING
Colorado casino sports betting is a fairly young industry.
For casual and professional sports bettors alike, the most common question was, “When will sports betting be legal in Colorado?”
Others might be curious about Colorado sports betting legislation and Colorado sports betting laws.
How Exactly Did Colorado Legalize Sports Betting?
It took almost 30 years before sports betting became legal in Colorado. But for many sports betting fans in Colorado, it was worth the wait.
Let’s see how that all happened.
- 1990: Casino operators entered the state of Colorado.
- 1991: Casino gambling under the limited stakes gaming law was passed (maximum of $5 on bets and age restriction, stating that only those over 21 years old can take part in Colorado betting). Slot machines, blackjack, and poker were the only games people can bet on.
- 2008: Amendment 50 was passed, allowing extended casino hours in the national historic districts, namely Central City, Cripple Creek, and Black Hawk.
- 2009: Casinos increased the maximum bet amount to $100. They also offered more games and started operating 24 hours daily.
- April 2019: House Bill 1327 was introduced. This bill aimed to legalize, regulate, and tax Colorado casino sports betting and Colorado sports betting online.
- May 2019: House Bill 1327 is signed into law and subjected to a referendum vote during the November elections.
- November 2019: After a close votation, Proposition DD (HB1327) gets approved.
- May 2020: Sportsbook betting in Colorado goes live online.
With the passage of Proposition DD, you can now experience sports betting, Black Hawk, Colorado-style! You can also gamble from the comfort of your home, with exciting sports betting apps and credible websites, such as SportsBetting.com.
Sports betting is definitely alive in the centennial state, and we, at SportsBetting.com, would love to help you make the most of it.